Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 27, 2012

Muffin episode #4 - Peach Polenta

Since we just hung out at home all day today I did have another dose of energy after Julian went to bed.

Time for muffins again!!! Seriously, I have all these ingredients in the fridge waiting to be turned into yummy muffins, cupcakes, etc.! Can't let them go to waste!

I was torn between Peach Crumbcake muffins and Peach Polenta, but in the end the Peach Polenta won. I still had yellow cornmeal from some Christmas cookies so why  not?

Oooh these turned out scrumptious!!! They are fresh and summery from the fresh peaches and lemon zest and sweet and nutty from the cornmeal. As they were baking I said to myself "Uugh, I forgot to add almonds on top, I really wanted that!" I just love slivered almonds toasted with sprinkle of sugar. But they still came out just beautiful!

So these are coming to work with me tomorrow, yep had to try one to make sure I was serving something edible right? So another 5 Star Review for this cook book!

I used regular yellow cornmeal instead of quick cooking polenta.


I love peaches anytime... and they add so much freshness and juicyness to these muffins! The recipe stated you can used thawed frozen peaches as well, but I had these in the fridge.


Filled in my 12 muffin cups and sprinkled some sugar on top. The recipe didn't call for almonds on top, but like I said... I just love almonds!


I always love watching them rise initially.


It's always so hard resiting to take that first bite... I love warm muffins fresh out of the oven!



Ok, now I'm trying... delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...